No child or parent should ever experience the kind of pain and worry that is caused by childhood cancer. Being diagnosed with cancer is a traumatic experience for the child and the whole family. Parents should not feel alone with their fears and questions. They should receive as much of support and understanding as possible and answers to their dozens and dozens of questions.
Health is a close to heart topic for many of our employees and one of our focus areas in corporate social responsibility and charity. Same as last year, we decided to join forces with #teamplaytech to bring support for the families where a child has been diagnosed with cancer. For 8th time already, the Estonian Association of Parents of Children with Cancer is organizing a charity event called Duck Race. The event aims to raise awareness and help families raising children diagnosed with cancer.
We encouraged our employees to donate and doubled each euro ourselves as a company. It was heartwarming to see that so many of us decided to give a helping hand and make a donation. The joint contribution was very successful and we managed to donate 5090 euros to Duck Race this year!
The donations that are collected with
Duck Race are used for:
- Travel costs of the families related to receiving treatment abroad
- Occupational therapy and recreation for small cancer-fighting patients in hospitals
- Psychological counselling for families
- The Support Centre dedicated to building the network and organizing seminars or summer camps for families in a similar situation
- Treatment of children diagnosed with cancer not covered by Health Insurance Fund
This is our third year of supporting Duck Race and we are glad to contribute as a company. We are also over the moon because of our supercool employees who teamed up with us to make an even bigger impact. Duck Race is taking place today and we wish everyone’s ducks a lot of luck!